Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: max_parallel_degree > 0 for 9.6 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I too prefer to keep it turned off in 9.6 and consider enabling it by
>> default on a future release (10 is probably good).  Interested users can
>> carefully test the feature without endangering other unsuspecting users.
>> I agree with the idea of keeping it enabled in master, so that it'll get
>> a modicum of testing there by hackers, too.

> Sounds like that is the consensus.  Who's going to implement it?

I believe we're talking about reverting 77cd477c4 (in 9.6 only not
master), correct?  It's a little harder than just "git revert" because
of the subsequent max_parallel_degree -> max_parallel_workers_per_gather
name change, but still not exactly rocket science.

Since 77cd477c4 was your commit, I'd sort of expect you to do the
honors, but if you don't want to I can.