Re: [GENERAL] Re: SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Mascari
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Re: SCO Openserver & pg_hba.conf
Date
List pgsql-general
Mark Alliban wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for the suggestion! I've been trying to get it to work for ages and
> using the -h option was the workaround I was looking for.
>
> However I still have a small problem, in that when I do "CREATE UNIQUE INDEX
> AcT_AcNo ON AccountTable (AccountNo);" where AccountNo is NUMERIC or DECIMAL
> I get "ERROR:  Can't find a default operator class for type 1700.". If
> AccountNo is INT2 or INT8 then there is no problem. Is this another problem
> with SCO OpenServer?
>
> To get PostgreSQL to compile, I had to edit Makefile.port after doing
> configure, and remove the first 2 lines containing CCFLAGS and LDFLAGS.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark.

I believe this is fixed in current sources, since the TODO
shows a '-' in front of any TODO item which is believed to
be addressed in current. To see if it has been fixed, you
could always try the latest snapshot at ftp.postgresql.org.
Here's the TODO entry:

-Add index on NUMERIC/DECIMAL type(Jan)

Hope that helps,