pgsql quote bug, put in 6.5.4? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Birch
Subject pgsql quote bug, put in 6.5.4?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
There is a bug fix in the cvs tree to a problem that prevents pgsql from
handling single quotes in strings.  The solution is described here:
http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-interfaces/1999-09/msg00154.html

As a newcomer to PostgreSQL, I lost several hours to this problem - not
good since I am trying to decide if my company should switch from
Interbase to PostgreSQL.  I notice that the bug fix didn't make 6.5.3,
could it be included in 6.5.4 so we don't have to keep patching our
source?

Please don't flame me too hard if I posted to the wrong group - it seems
to me that the gurus who specify releases hang out here!

Steve