Re: [HACKERS] book status - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jimmie Houchin
Subject Re: [HACKERS] book status
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I will have to agree whole heartily with the sentiments here. This a
work that your are doing and should rightly be appropriately
compensated. All within the PostgreSQL community will benefit.

The community will benefit with increased documentation, increased
exposure and visibility and increasing credibility. Philosophically, I
believe all who use PostgreSQL benefit economically simply by keeping
untold numbers of dollars (or other currency) in their pocket. Like you
I think those who do use PostgreSQL and can contribute should. But it is
nice to know that a quality option is available for those who can't
contribute financially.

I don't think you should feel obligated to contribute any of the
earnings to PostgreSQL. Let your giving be by choice and joy not
obligation due to pressure from any part of the community.

Absolutely no apology required. Your contribution is a blessing to the
community, not a burden. :)

Personally, I am ready to buy. Where can I get my copy. :)

I also hope have more books for PostgreSQL cooking on the back burner.

Jimmie Houchin