Re: [INTERFACES] Re: PostgreSQL-6.5.2-0.3 Comment - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: PostgreSQL-6.5.2-0.3 Comment
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
>   >I have recently installed your PostgreSQL 6.5.2-0.3 packages on my
>   >newly upgraded potato system.  ODBC (which is the main purpose of
>   >the upgrade to your packages) seems to be fine, though I am still
>   >a little bit pissed about the dirty solution used to handle large
>   >objects.  So far I have only encountered one problem: when I list
>   >all tables with \l under psql, psql disconnects itself from the
>   >backend automatically.  Other operations, such as SQL queries, seem
>   >to work fine.  Any ideas?
> There are no Debian-specific issues involved, so I am forwarding this
> to the PostgreSQL interfaces list.  Perhaps someone will have some idea?

Sure. Perhaps Mr. Lin would like to contribute a solution to whatever
is upsetting him regarding large objects.

Oh, that's not what you meant? ;)

\l (which lists databases, not tables) behaves itself on my RH5.2
system with the current development tree.
                  - Thomas

postgres=> \l
datname  |datdba|encoding|datpath
template1|   100|       0|template1