Re: patch - Report the schema along table name in a referential failure error message - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: patch - Report the schema along table name in a referential failure error message
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2009/11/16 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> The real problem with the entry that George picked up on was that it was
> misdescribed and mislabeled as easy because whoever put it in ignored
> the fact that there was not a consensus to do a half-baked fix ...
> this is a problem with a wiki TODO list :-(

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that it's a problem with *any*
TODO list?  I don't see what the wiki has to do with it.  Garbage in,
garbage out.  A poorly described item will always be trouble
regardless of what form it is in.

However, I'm not sure how productive the [E]asy marker can really be.
Items end up on the TODO generally because a) we couldn't settle on a
way forward, or b) nobody was keen to do it right away.  There just
aren't many genuinely "easy" items in there, easy ones usually get
done right away.

Cheers,
BJ