Re: Incorrect "invalid AM/PM string" error from to_timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: Incorrect "invalid AM/PM string" error from to_timestamp
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Agreed on separating the message issue.  What I wanted to know was
> whether there are similar bugs elsewhere in to_timestamp, or whether
> you're pretty sure this is the only occurrence of the coding pattern?

I'm pretty sure that "MS" and "US" were the only occurrences of this
particular coding pattern, and Alex's fix hits both of those.

I've just reviewed all of the sites in DCH_from_char() which advance
the pointer (with Alex's patch applied).  All have the standard "s +=
SKIP_THth(n->suffix)", with the single exception of "Y,YYY", which
needs its own special logic.

Cheers,
BJ