Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brendan Jurd
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>  For reference, the developer FAQ (which really is a different thing,
>  given the audience) now lives on the wiki at
>  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ. I'd like to hear what
>  people think about that one, and get a "signoff" on if this should be
>  the main location for it, thus removing it from CVS. (We've already had
>  a couple of fixes go into it, so it's actually more up-to-date than the
>  one in CVS...)

Nice.  My 0.02$ is that the wiki is a better place for the Dev FAQ.

I did notice that the section on vim settings doesn't mention anything
about the expandtab setting.  Ideally this should be set to
noexpandtab (noet) to preserve tab spacing.  I'll add it to the wiki
page, but feel free to revert it if you don't want it in there.

I also saw that the Dev FAQ still points to Bruce's personal patch
lists as the primary source for the current patch queue.  Have we
reached the point where we can direct developers to
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/CommitFest instead?

Cheers,
BJ