Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: TODO, FAQs to Wiki?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
> > I remain very unconvinced that making it that much more complex is
> > worth it.. But if someone sets up a complete system to test it,
> > sure - since I don't write *or* read any of the translated FAQs we
> > should obviously listen more to those who do.
>
> Isn't this what we do with the docs now?

More or less. In my view, a FAQ is a much more dynamic document.

And we've certainly had our share of people not working on the docs
because it's too hard. (I know I used to have to submit all docs
patches untested because it took me a year or so to get the build
process working on win32. Now I've given that up and have a linux VM to
build the docs in, but you get the idea..)

//Magnus