Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Re: [ANNOUNCE] New man pages
List pgsql-hackers
> > btw, on my Solaris boxes MANPATH is worse than useless; if you specify
> > it then none of the other paths mentioned in /etc/man.config (or
> > wherever that is on Solaris) get used. So you have to recreate all of
> > the default MANPATH settings in your environment variable. Of course,
> > now that I've whined about this perhaps someone knows a way around
> > this?
> Er, why not "MANPATH=/usr/local/pgsql/man:$MANPATH" ?

'Cause MANPATH is not defined to start with. My point was that man
does a great job just using its configuration file, but if you start
using MANPATH you have to (apparently) figure out what paths were in
the config file and put those in too...
                    - Thomas

South Pasadena, California