Re: [HACKERS] New version number 6.6 or 7.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] New version number 6.6 or 7.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Can I have votes on what people want the next version number to be?
> We have to brand the release when we start development(PG_VERSION
> file). 6.5 probably should have been called 7.0, but we had already
> committed to 6.5.

We've been making pretty steady progress over the last few releases.
I'd suggest that a bump to 7.0 should happen when we've accumulated
most of the fixes/improvements from the "hot list". We've worked
through most of those; here are the ones I'd like to see at or before
a 7.0 release:

o implement outer joins
o merge date/time types and deprecate the old 4-byte ones
                 - Thomas

South Pasadena, California