Re: postgresql-server-8.2.3-1mdv2007.1.i586.rpm installation problem - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postgresql-server-8.2.3-1mdv2007.1.i586.rpm installation problem
Date
List pgsql-novice
Piotr Przeworski <ppking@wp.pl> writes:
> I'm new to postgresql so please be patient. I'm recieving strange error
> while installing postgresql from binary package. By now I installed:
> postgresql-8.2.3-1mdv2007.1

"8.2.3-1mdv2007.1"?  That is not a package version I recognize; it was
certainly not produced by the core Postgres project.  It looks to me
like you are having a problem with special installation code in that
package, so you're going to have to ask the packager about it, whoever
that is.

            regards, tom lane