Re: [HACKERS] Regression tests vs existing users in an installation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Regression tests vs existing users in an installation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I found this directory, and it seems like a good place to add some more
> tests (other thread), but I'm puzzled why it's hidden under modules/,
> since it's not, well, a module.  Why is it not in src/test/?

Doing it like this allowed it to be picked up automatically by the
buildfarm script.  If we'd put it in a new src/test directory, the
buildfarm script would have had to be taught about that, and we'd
have no coverage until owners updated their machines.  So it
seemed expedient to do it like this.