Re: [INTERFACES] Perl Interface - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From James Olin Oden
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Perl Interface
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
"George P. Esperanza" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Sorry, i guess this problem has been posted before...
>
> I tried installing postgres and it looks fine, my problem now is i want
> PERL to communicate to my postgres database.  I download some modules from
> CPAN and tried installing them, unfortunately i encountered this problem
> which i don't know when installing Postgres-1.4.tar.gz.
>
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good
> Note (probably harmless) : No library found for -lpq
>
> I already installed DBI-1.06.tar.gz and DBD-Pg-092.tar.gz prior to this.
> By the way i'm using Linux 2.0.35 kernel.
>
> Please help...
>
> George

I too had various problems trying to install Pg, until I realized that
you can actually build Postgres and it will install it for you.  I
forget what the switch is
you have to give the configure script but it is in the docs.

Hope this helps...james