Re: Python version dependency in plpython regression tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Python version dependency in plpython regression tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, 2012-09-08 at 16:35 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think probably the best thing is to change the test case so it has
>> one valid key and one not-valid one, rather than assuming that the
>> same key will always be complained of when there's more than one
>> not-valid one.

> That would probably work.  We dealt with a similar problem in
> 2cfb1c6f77734db81b6e74bcae630f93b94f69be, if you want some additional
> inspiration.  Not sure why we didn't see this case then.

If it's got anything to do with hashing, platform dependency wouldn't be
a bit surprising.  Or they might have tweaked the algorithm some more
since May.

How come you did not back-patch that commit ... are we not supporting
3.3 in branches before 9.2 for some reason?