Re: [HACKERS] varchar-array.patch applied - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] varchar-array.patch applied
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > this patch adds support for arrays of bpchar() and
> > varchar(), which where always missing from postgres.
> ... but I thought adding new features during
> beta phase was frowned upon.

This one is probably in a grey area, since the feature was explicitly
disabled back in the *very* early days by Jolly, but with a comment
from her that she wasn't sure it was necessary.

If we have a hint of trouble, we can back it out. It sure would be
nice to have Massimo also contribute a patch to the relevant
regression tests ;)
                    - Tom

South Pasadena, California