Re: Inconsistent treatment of serials in pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inconsistent treatment of serials in pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> It seems that if I exclude a table using -T, its dependant sequences do
> not get excluded.  But if I include it using -t, its dependent sequences
> *do* get included.

> Is there a reason this is a good idea, or is it just an oversight?

It's not immediately clear to me that those switches ought to be exact
inverses.

As a counterexample, consider the case where multiple tables share the
same sequence.  Suppressing one of the tables with -T ought not lead to
suppressing the sequence.