Re: PGCon 2008 RFP - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 14:02 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> For the most part, I agree.  But for new presenters, it never hurts to
> point them in the right direction.

Ahh but that is a different argument than I have read on this list. I
don't see any problem with providing templates to help people. It is
"requiring" them that gets my feathers ruffled.

While I do think that requiring them would be good, I also admit that it would certainly be a little drastic to require them the first time through.  If a deck is available, and if I were an organizer, I would *encourage* people to use them, but I probably wouldn't require it until we see how it goes.

Personally, if one of my submissions were accepted and a standardized slide deck were available, I'd use it simply to help promote the conference.  I don't really care what the slides look like, I'm focused on the content of the presentation.

Well its as close as any list would be within .org but I believe that if
anyone wants to change the way individual conference are run they should
contact the respective organizers.

Agreed.  Ultimately, it's up to the conference organizers regardless of our discussion.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Senior DBA
myYearbook.com