Re: PGCon 2008 RFP - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: PGCon 2008 RFP
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2009-01-05 at 14:02 -0500, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com>
> wrote:

> For the most part, I agree.  But for new presenters, it never hurts to
> point them in the right direction.

Ahh but that is a different argument than I have read on this list. I
don't see any problem with providing templates to help people. It is
"requiring" them that gets my feathers ruffled.

>         Now... how is any of this on topic for this list?
>
> I didn't start the topic, and it's on -advocacy which is seemingly
> where conferences would apply.

Well its as close as any list would be within .org but I believe that if
anyone wants to change the way individual conference are run they should
contact the respective organizers.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL