Re: PostgreSQL derivatives - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: PostgreSQL derivatives
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> I wouldn't classify GridSQL as MPP.  It's strictly PP.

Hmm, how did you come to that conclusion?  From every definition of
MPP I can find, GridSQL meets the requirements.

GridSQL:
- Acts as a single, large-scale system by means of shared-nothing
clustering (as does Greenplum IIRC)
- Partitions and executes independent units-of-work in parallel across
multiple independent microprocessors
- Is capable of scaling to hundreds (if not thousands) of nodes

What definition are you using, because I can't seem to find it in my top 5?

--
Jonah H. Harris, Sr. Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation | fax: 732.331.1301