Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL) - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: The naming question (Postgres vs PostgreSQL)
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 9/3/07, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> So ~ 45 votes among hundreds of subscribers? Even this low number proves
> that this discussion is useless, IMHO. -- let's spend our time for
> better things. Will this change make PostgreSQL faster? Or will it add a
> big major feature that will attract thousands of new users? I don't
> think so.

On the other hand, if advocacy continues to stumble, perhaps there
will be no one to give a damn about, "big major feature X".

I agree, there is a lot of discussion here that may lead to nowhere.
Nevertheless, it's a discussion that needs to happen sooner-or-later.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301