Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jonah H. Harris
Subject Re: Three weeks left until feature freeze
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/13/06, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:
> Doesn't EDB sponsor pl/java ? I would think that might make you
> somewhat subjective ?

I believe we do, but that has nothing to do with my statements.  I've
used both PL/Java and PL/J before coming to EnterpriseDB and am making
true observations.

> That being said, pl-j is not as mature as pl/java, however I don't
> believe that is a valid reason for exclusion.

So, I was being objectionable then...

> Open source projects by their nature gain maturity by exposure.

Open source projects gain maturity through continued improvement and
maintenance... I can name hundreds of cool open source projects I've
used that have died because they were once popular, but no one
maintained them on a consistent basis.

--
Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1300
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301