Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Read-only in MSAccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Ross J. Reedstrom
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] Re: Read-only in MSAccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
I've noticed this affect. Has anyone run traces of the connection, to
see if Access tries to determine the primary key from the backend? Does
this requirement go away if you (manually) set the 'relhaspkey' bool in
pg_class for the table?  I'd do all this testing myself, but my NT test
box got taken away (yeay! boo! I'm so conflicted...)

Ross

Ben Gunter wrote:

> (Original message was lost.  Oops.)
>
> I was fiddling around with Access and the ODBC driver this morning and
> discovered that Access will not allow you update ODBC sources unless you pick
> at least one field (up to ten) as a unique index.  Otherwise, it's read-only.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> -Ben

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer