Re: High context switches occurring - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: High context switches occurring
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Dec 6, 2005, at 2:04 PM, Anjan Dave wrote:

> interestingly, it was experiencing 3x more context switches than the
> Intel box (upto 100k, versus ~30k avg on Dell). Both are RH4.0

I'll assume that's context switches per second... so for the opteron
that's 65400000 cs's and for the Dell that's 40740000 switches during
the duration of the test.  Not so much a difference...

You see, the opteron was context switching more because it was doing
more work :-)