Re: Optional REFERENCES Feature in CREATE TRIGGER Command - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From hyip@site.uottawa.ca
Subject Re: Optional REFERENCES Feature in CREATE TRIGGER Command
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I must be missing something, but AFAICS this patch doesn't actually *do*
> anything useful.  It looks to me like you've implemented a write-only
> addition to the system catalogs.  (And not even done a very good job of
> that --- no documentation, no pg_dump support.)  What's the point?

I just want to emphasis one thing.

The point is this implementation is the fundamental, necessary, and
critical preparation and step for implementing execution of standard SQL
commands in trigger action in future, instead of using user-defined
functions in trigger action.

Henry Yip