Re: Optional REFERENCES Feature in CREATE TRIGGER Command - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Optional REFERENCES Feature in CREATE TRIGGER Command
Date
Re: Optional REFERENCES Feature in CREATE TRIGGER Command  (hyip@site.uottawa.ca)
List pgsql-patches
hyip@site.uottawa.ca writes:
> The attached patch adds the optional REFERENCES syntax in CREATE TRIGGER
> statement to make an automatic alias for OLD/NEW record during trigger
> setup.  The implementation of this new feature makes CREATE TRIGGER
> command more compatible to SQL standard, and allows the future
> implementation of executing SQL commands in trigger action.

I must be missing something, but AFAICS this patch doesn't actually *do*
anything useful.  It looks to me like you've implemented a write-only
addition to the system catalogs.  (And not even done a very good job of
that --- no documentation, no pg_dump support.)  What's the point?

            regards, tom lane