Re: [INTERFACES] I do have a problem with pgaccess - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Kamesh Peri
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] I do have a problem with pgaccess
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Dinica Ciprian wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have a problem with pgaccess . I can't connect it to my localhost
> database with the following error message:
>
> ConnectDB() failed : Is the postmaster running and accepting TCP/IP (
> with -i ) connections at "localhost" on port '5432' ?
>
> I mention I use the distribution of postgres that comes with Redhat 5.1.
>
> I did connect once on my database, but after compiling apache with php
> module supporting postgres databases it didn't work anymore.
>
> Ciprian

  I had a similar problem.  Yo might want to start the postmaster with
the following command line "postmaster -p  portnumber -i.
(portnumber is different from 5432, iused 5678, can be some arbitrary num
with in limits)

Then start pgaccess, make sure you change the portnumber in the open dialog
box
to the one you used to start postmaster. That should solve the problem.

Hope it helps.

Kamesh