Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On 06/04/2018 06:33 AM, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:

>      I did go back and read through the 2016 content rather thoroughly.
> But where has all the discussion been going on for the last two years?
> Am I to understand that this effort has been going on in an entirely
> undocumented manner? I find that difficult to fathom such a thing
> happening in this community so I'm sure my understanding is mistaken.
> Where can we see the details of what was considered and what drove the
> committee to its apparently final proposal?

The -core committee has been taking a more direct approach to policies
within the community without the traditional community input. This is
both good and bad. Discussions of a policy nature are inherently
political and thus opening it to the wider community can be a large
distraction to the purpose of the community.

The downside is that some policies are now coming down via fiat or at
least very little actual discourse on need, direction or purpose.

JD

***  A fault and talent of mine is to tell it exactly how it is.  ***
PostgreSQL centered full stack support, consulting and development.
Advocate: @amplifypostgres || Learn: https://postgresconf.org
*****     Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.   *****