Re: [HACKERS] index fix report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] index fix report
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> The test case David showed no error on my LinuxPPC box.
> maybe platform dependent.

Same on my Linux/i686 box. No error with David's simple test.

> No progress so far. I'm looking for the smallest test case which
> definitely causes problems. But the behavior of the problems seem
> "random" on LinuxBox. Really strange...

I haven't yet tried stepping through code. But random as it seems the
behavior in the regression test is quite repeatable. I wonder how few
tests we could include and still see a problem there? Maybe I'll look at
that a bit to see if I can help with a repeatable case.

Good hunting...

                    - Tom