Re: [HACKERS] Declare Cursor question again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Declare Cursor question again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Shall I disable this (and remove my last changes) or is this
> a good feature (as I think it is) and we keep it? Only disadvantage is
> that the declare tarnslates into a C statement and is not really a
> declaration anymore.

On my Ingres box, the "declare cursor" statements could appear up in or
near the declarations portion of the program or routine. Wouldn't
associating this statement with executable code put limitations on
statement location which other systems (and perhaps the standard) do not
see?

                        - Tom