Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf
Date
Re: PQinitSSL broken in some use casesf  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Well, we are not the "Make Merlin Happy club".  ;-)

Merlin and Andrew were the ones complaining initially.  If they feel
that a proposed patch doesn't fix the problem, then I'd say that it
isn't fixing the problem.

> My personal opinion is that adding #defines to PQinitSSL() is the right
> level of fix, and if we ever implement a libpq init mechanism we can
> convert PGinitSSL to a macro. I am attaching a sample patch for
> feedback.

This is just a rehash of one of the patches that was discussed earlier.
There wasn't consensus for it then, and there's not now.