Re: Possible typo/unclear comment in joinpath.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Possible typo/unclear comment in joinpath.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
>> It looks like a loose end from
>> commit edca44b1525b3d591263d032dc4fe500ea771e0e

> Yeah :-(.  I'm usually pretty careful about grepping for comment
> references as well as code references to a field when I do something
> like that, but obviously I missed that step that time.

No, I take that back.  There were no references to extra_lateral_rels
after that commit; these comments were added by 45be99f8c, about
six weeks later.  The latter was a pretty large patch and had
presumably been under development for quite some time, so the comments
were probably accurate when written but didn't get updated.