Re: BUG #13077: when standby crash and restart, it's need next timeline history file, but upstream node normal. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From 德哥
Subject Re: BUG #13077: when standby crash and restart, it's need next timeline history file, but upstream node normal.
Date
In response to Re: BUG #13077: when standby crash and restart, it's need next timeline history file, but upstream node normal.  (Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi>)
List pgsql-bugs
but in my environment, C need the new timeline file, i can see the
restore command display about copy 0000002.history from my setted dir (NFS from remote computer) use top or ps command.
And the copy message display forever.
ps:
I restart the C compute, and NFS it's ok, recovery it's ok, and don't need the 0000002.history file.

 When postgresql crashed, it need copy new history first whatever it's really need the file?

--
公益是一辈子的事,I'm Digoal,Just Do It.

At 2015-04-17 21:49:35, "Heikki Linnakangas" <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote: >On 04/17/2015 06:58 AM, digoal@126.com wrote: >> The following bug has been logged on the website: >> >> Bug reference: 13077 >> Logged by: digoal >> Email address: digoal@126.com >> PostgreSQL version: 9.4.1 >> Operating system: CentOS 6.x x64 >> Description: >> >> HI, >> I have one primary A,one standby B,another standby C receive wal from >> upstream standby B. >> all it's normal work and all standby catched up to A, But when the last >> standby C crash, and then restart the standby C. >> C need the a new timeline history, and the timeline history really not >> exists any where, I don't promote any standby. >> It's a BUG? > >If you never promoted anything, everyone is still on timeline 1. No >timeline history files needed. > >- Heikki >