Can't Update from MS Access (Was - Insight ODBC driver) - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From David Hartwig
Subject Can't Update from MS Access (Was - Insight ODBC driver)
Date
List pgsql-interfaces

Olaf Mittelstaedt wrote:

> Thank you Byron and David for your answers (and Marc for redirecting
> my message to pqsql-interfaces).
>
> Here a few more details on my problem.
>
> > 1.  I am not as familiar with Access 2.0.   But the 7.0 and 97 versions
> > require a unique key to be specified at link time for an update to be
> > allowed.   I want to be sure that you have done that, and that you not
> > referring to the "create unique index" statement which creates the index
> > in the database table on the server.
>
> Access 2.0 should automatically use a unique index on the database
> server if it's present. Below the statements I've used to create,
> populate and test the table.

Access 7.0 & 97 do not automatically use a unique index on the database server if
it's present.   They need to be told the key at link time.   I do not possess a
2.0. version.   I am including a portion of a drafted of the new FAQ.   I hope this
helps.

PS.    You are using a 32 bit Windows OS aren't you.

Attachment