Re: configure.in / xml / quoting trouble - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure.in / xml / quoting trouble
Date
List pgsql-patches
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> The second part is a shell quoting problem. As the printf is inside
> single quotes, the double quotes don't need to be escaped. My awk
> received the backslashes and complained.

I've applied this part.  Turned out there was a second bug in the same
area: autoconf was stripping the []'s out of the sed regexp, causing
it to fail to do anything.  Apparently passing a string like "3devel"
to awk's "%d" format gets you just "3", but I wonder how portable that
behavior is either.

            regards, tom lane