Re: Project scheduling issues (was Re: Per tuple overhead, cmin, cmax, OID) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Project scheduling issues (was Re: Per tuple overhead, cmin, cmax, OID)
Date
Re: Project scheduling issues (was Re: Per tuple overhead,  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
"Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> I *really* wish ppl would stop harping on the length of the last beta
> cycle ... I will always rather delay a release due to an *known*
> outstanding bug, especially one that just needs a little bit more time to
> work out, then to release software "on time" ala Microsoft ...

I don't think that's at issue here.  No one was suggesting that we'd
force an *end* to beta cycle because of schedule issues.  We ship when
we're satisfied and not before.  I'm saying that I want to try to
*start* the beta test period on-time, rather than letting the
almost-beta state drag on for months --- which we did in each of the
last two cycles.  Development time is productive, and beta-test time
is productive, but we're-trying-to-start-beta time is not very
productive ...