Re: Hiding undocumented enum values? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alex Hunsaker
Subject Re: Hiding undocumented enum values?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I am wondering if it's a good idea to hide the redundant entries
> to reduce clutter in the pg_settings display.  (We could do this
> by adding a "hidden" boolean to struct config_enum_entry.)
> Thoughts?

+1

>                        regards, tom lane

Maybe something like the attached patch?

I looked into just making it a string so we could use parse_bool...
because backslash_quote seems to be the exception not the rule.  But I
decided having a hidden flag seems more useful anyway...

Attachment