Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0
Date
Re: crashes due to setting max_parallel_workers=0  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 03/28/2017 11:07 AM, Rushabh Lathia wrote:

> I think we all agree that we should get rid of nreaders from the
> GatherMergeState and need to do some code re-factor. But if I
> understood correctly that Robert's concern was to do that re-factor
> as separate commit.

Maybe. It depends on how valuable it's to keep Gather and GatherMerge
similar - having nreaders in one and not the other seems a bit weird.
But maybe the refactoring would remove it from both nodes?

Also, it does not really solve the issue that we're using 'nreaders' or
'nworkers_launched' to access array with one extra element.

regards