Re: [HACKERS] CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8
Date
List pgsql-patches
The man page for socket on Linux says you need both, but you can get away
without it.

It's easy enough to test if a platform does the sane thing:

[andrew@Thor andrew]$ echo '#include <sys/socket.h>' > blurfl.c
[andrew@Thor andrew]$ gcc -E -M blurfl.c
blurfl.o: blurfl.c /usr/include/sys/socket.h /usr/include/features.h \
  /usr/include/sys/cdefs.h /usr/include/gnu/stubs.h \
  /usr/include/sys/uio.h /usr/include/sys/types.h \
[snip]

Probably the best bet is just include sys/types.h just before any place
sys/socket.h is included, no? Should be harmless enough.

cheers

andrew