Re: [HACKERS] CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8
Date
Re: [HACKERS] CVS -Tip compile issue -- FreeBSD 4.8  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-patches
> Rod Taylor writes:
>>> First thought that comes to mind is that <sys/socket.h> may require
>>> something else to be included first --- maybe <sys/types.h> ?
>>
>> That did it.  It's a little curious that sys/socket.h doesn't mention
>> that anywhere though.

> Because it shouldn't be so.  Can you look in config.log what the real
> reason of the failure was?  Maybe it's a bug in FreeBSD.

It's been true for years that <sys/socket.h> requires <sys/types.h> on
some platforms.  How do you think I knew what to recommend?  There's
no point in arguing about it, it's just a fact.

            regards, tom lane