Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Andreas Pflug said:

> Cmd line option won't be enough, win32 users don't even know there's
> such a beast... It'll be up to the installer to shout loudly about that
>  option, warning for eternal damnation if using it. Maybe the installer
>  can offer to create a safe user.

I like that idea a lot more (didn't I suggest something similar a while
back? :-) ). Then there is no difference between the rules on Windows vs.
Unix, and we teach Windows users sane security practice, and make it easy
for them. And we avoid giving Tom a conniption ;-)

cheers

andrew