Re: pgsql: Rewrite some RI code to avoid using SPI - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Rewrite some RI code to avoid using SPI
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Rewrite some RI code to avoid using SPI

Just for the record, I didn't approve of that patch, and I don't
think cramming it in a few hours before feature freeze is a good
way to proceed.

(1) We've added enough instability to the tree this week already.

(2) I'm still quite unhappy about the idea that this particular
type of FK check will be done using fundamentally different methods
than every other type of FK check.  I think that is inevitably
going to lead to semantic inconsistencies.

            regards, tom lane