Re: 3WARE Card performance boost? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: 3WARE Card performance boost?
Date
List pgsql-performance
A 3ware card will re-order your writes to put them more in disk order,
which will probably improve performance a bit, but just going from a
software RAID 1 to a hardware RAID 1, I would not imagine that you
will see much of a performance boost.  Really to get better
performance you will need to add more drives, or faster drives.  If
you are currently running 7200 RPM consumer drives, going to a
10000RPM WD Raptor drive will probably increase performance by about
30%, again not all that much.

Alex