Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: Intel SRCS16 SATA raid?
Date
List pgsql-performance
I have put together a little head to head performance of a 15k SCSI,
10k SCSI 10K SATA w/TCQ, 10K SATA wo/TCQ and 7.2K SATA drive
comparison at storage review

http://www.storagereview.com/php/benchmark/compare_rtg_2001.php?typeID=10&testbedID=3&osID=4&raidconfigID=1&numDrives=1&devID_0=232&devID_1=40&devID_2=259&devID_3=267&devID_4=261&devID_5=248&devCnt=6

It does illustrate some of the weaknesses of SATA drives, but all in
all the Raptor drives put on a good show.

Alex Turner
netEconomist