Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w - Mailing list pgsql-hackers-win32

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on w
Date
List pgsql-hackers-win32
Andreas Pflug <pgadmin@pse-consulting.de> writes:
> Running as admin is so common for Windows, you'd never see complaints
> about that aspect. Even programs *requiring* admin rights are widely
> accepted (with some minor grumbling).

> It's another universe...

Indeed --- a universe where root-level exploits are so common it's not
even funny.

Postgres will *not* be doing this.  Can we stop wasting list bandwidth
on the point?  There is exactly zero chance of getting any such proposal
past the core committee.  End of discussion.

            regards, tom lane