Re: Refactoring of command.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Refactoring of command.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Rod Taylor" <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Dug the below out of googles cache -- it's what the BSDs do for moving
> files in cvs.

> What is a repo-copy?
> A repo-copy (which is a short form of ``repository copy'') refers to
> the direct copying of files within the CVS repository.

Yeah, I think that's what we discussed the last time the question came
up.

It seems awfully wrongheaded to me.  IMHO, the entire point of a CVS
repository is to store past states of your software, not only the
current state.  Destroying the accurate representation of your historical
releases is a poor tradeoff for making it a little easier to find the
log entries for code that's been moved around.  What's the point
of having history, if it's not accurate?