Re: pgsql: Improve default and empty privilege outputs in psql. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Improve default and empty privilege outputs in psql.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> writes:
> Re: Tom Lane
>> Improve default and empty privilege outputs in psql.

> I'm sorry to report this when 17.0 has already been wrapped, but this
> change is breaking `psql -l` against 9.3-or-earlier servers:
> FEHLER:  42883: Funktion pg_catalog.cardinality(aclitem[]) existiert nicht

Grumble.  Well, if that's the worst bug in 17.0 we should all be
very pleased indeed ;-).  I'll see about fixing it after the
release freeze lifts.

> The psql docs aren't really explicit about which old versions are
> still supported, but there's some mentioning that \d should work back
> to 9.2:

Yes, that's the expectation.  I'm sure we can think of a more
backwards-compatible way to test for empty datacl, though.