Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Hunter
Subject Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-performance
At 12:18p -0400 on 30 Apr 2007, Craig A. James wrote:
> 1. Generating a resonable starting configuration for neophyte users
> who have installed Postgres for the first time.

I recognize that PostgreSQL and MySQL try to address different
problem-areas, but is this one reason why a lot of people with whom I
talk prefer MySQL?  Because PostgreSQL is so "slooow" out of the box?*

Thanks,

Kevin

* Not trolling; I use PostgreSQL almost exclusively.