Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists
Date
Re: Policy on cross-posting to multiple lists  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-www
> * Dean Rasheed (dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com) wrote:
>> Has the policy on cross-posting to multiple lists been hardened recently?

> So, the short answer is 'yes'.
> Perhaps that hasn't been getting through to people...?

If this was publicly announced anywhere, I didn't see it.
I would have pushed back if I had.  CC'ing -hackers on a reply to
a bug report is something I do all the time, and I do not think
it'd be a good idea to stop doing so, nor to make the thread
disappear from the -bugs archives.

I'm quite on board with the need to reduce useless cross-posting,
but this is not the solution.

Maybe there could be a different rule for initial submissions
(one list only) than follow-ups (can add lists)?

            regards, tom lane