Re: daitch_mokotoff module - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: daitch_mokotoff module
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2023-04-07 21:13:43 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I pushed this after some mostly-cosmetic fiddling.  Most of the
>> buildfarm seems okay with it, but crake's perlcritic run is not:
>>
>> ./contrib/fuzzystrmatch/daitch_mokotoff_header.pl: I/O layer ":utf8" used at line 15, column 5.  Use
":encoding(UTF-8)"to get strict validation.  ([InputOutput::RequireEncodingWithUTF8Layer] Severity: 5)

> Unless it's not available with old versions, using :encoding(UTF-8) seems
> sensible?

Yeah, that's the obvious fix, I was just wondering if people with
more perl-fu than I have see a problem with it.  But I'll go ahead
and push that for now.